Welcome to Lesson 6 of the Field iD Self-Guided Onboarding Program!
If you do not see any of the modules or features discussed in this article in your Field iD instance and are interested in adding them, please contact your Customer Success Manager or shared email:email@example.com
By the end of this lesson, you will have learned how to:
- Set up widgets on your homepage dashboard
- Create, edit, and save reports
- Email and schedule reports
Lesson 6 - Reporting Video
Watch the below videos on the Field iD reporting functionality. Detailed instructions follow the video:
When you log into Field iD through the browser, the first page you are taken to is the Field iD homepage (which can always be accessed by the house icon in the top left corner). On the Field iD homepage, you can set up your dashboards by using pre-existing widgets that come in the following categories:
- Assets By Status - A bar graph showing assets by their status
- Assets Identified - Graph of the number of assets identified
- Work - A calendar view of work assigned to you
- Completed Events - A graph of all completed events by result
- Upcoming Scheduled Events - Scheduled events for the next 30, 60, or 90 days
- Event Completeness - Number of open vs completed events
- Open Actions by Priority - A list of open actions graphed by priority
- Event KPIs - Compare completed events across multiple locations
- Procedures Published - A graph of all procedures published
- Upcoming Lockouts - Scheduled lockouts for the next 30, 60, or 90 days
- Currently Locked Out - List of all assets that are currently locked out
- Upcoming Procedure Audits - Scheduled Procedure Audits for the next 30, 60, or 90 days
- Procedures without Audits - List of procedures that do not have recurring audits scheduled
To add a widget to your dashboard, you can click on either of the buttons in red in the screenshot below:
And then click 'Add' on the widget(s) you want to add to your homepage:
Once you have added the widgets you wish to have on your dashboard, you can move them around in the order you wish to see them. To do this, click and hold on the 3 lines at the top of the widget and then drag and drop:
You can change some of the criteria of the widget by clicking on the cog icon in the top right-hand corner of the widget. Here it will give you options to select a particular date range and Owner (if you have access to multiple sites). If you only have access to one Owner, the widget will default to the owner that you have access to.
If you want to create more than one dashboard, you can do so by clicking on the three horizontal lines next to your name on the Homepage (this is actually the name of your Dashboard and it can be changed), then click on 'Manage Dashboards', enter the name of your new dashboard in the text box and then click on 'Add New Dashboard". You will then be able to use the 3 horizontal lines to navigate between your dashboards. The dashboard at the top will always be the default one.
As well as using the Quick Search function to find a specific asset as demonstrated in (See Lesson 2 - Assets), you can also use the search tab to search for assets using different criteria. From this tab, you can use the filters displayed on the left-hand side of the screen to hone your search. Once you select the filters, click the blue 'Search' button to see the results.
Note: You can use the small grid icon above the search panel on the left-hand side to select the columns and information you want to see displayed about the assets.
Once you have found your assets, you can edit them (only if you are an Administrator User or an Inspection User with that specific permission enabled) by clicking on the Actions dropdown on the right-hand side of the asset from the global search screen and then clicking 'Edit Asset':
If you want to complete the same action against multiple assets, you can multi-select the tick boxes on the left-hand side to select the assets (or click select the one at the top to select all) and then click on the 'Mass Actions' which will appear in the top right:
From here you can perform the following actions en masse:
- Perform an Event
- Print Manufacturer Certificates
- Export to Excel
- Download Asset Attachments
The Reporting tab functions in a similar way to the Search tab and the layout and navigation of the tab are the same. The main difference between the two tabs is that the Search tab looks specifically at assets whilst the reporting tab looks at Open and Completed Events and Actions - so the Filters section will have options that are applicable to events instead:
As with the Search tab, you can click on the grid icon in the top left to select the columns of data relating to the events that you wish to see. If there are columns that you wish to see every time without having to go in and select them, you can change the default column layout by going to Setup > Templates > Search Column Layout/ Reporting Column Layout:
Once you have run your report with your selected criteria, there are a few different things you can do with that information:
1. Save the report/search - this is useful if it's something that you want to be able to run regularly. To do this, click on the 'Save' button in the top right, and put in the name of the report and a description if required. Your Saved Reports can then be found in your 'Saved Items' that can be found next to the 'Sign Out' button in the top right corner of the screen.
2. Schedule the save report/search - this automates your reporting to be sent to you and/or others via email at a set frequency. To do this, go to your 'Saved Items' and choose 'Manage Saved Items'. From here you can click on 'Manage email schedules' on the report that you want to schedule and then 'Add schedule'.
At this stage, you can choose to send a one-off email or set up a recurring schedule:
Note: Tick the box at the bottom if you don't want to receive an email with no results. This will help reduce unnecessary email traffic.
3. Export Events - you can export the results of your report/search into an Excel file. Select all results in your report by clicking on the box in the top left and then choose 'Mass Actions' and 'Export to Excel'
4. View the Summary Report - this provides you with a quick high-level view of some key statistics relating to your selected events
The LOTO Log allows you to track the status of a Lockout/Tagout and see historical LOTO events and audits. The page functions in a similar way to the Search and Reporting tabs. The layout and navigation of the tab are the same but with different filter options down the left-hand side including Procedure State, Lockout Reason, etc. This page looks at LOTO procedures that have taken place or are scheduled rather than the Assets or Events and is can be accessed from the 'Lockout/ Tagout' tab as seen below:
Top 3 Takeaways from this lesson:
- The Search tab looks only at your Assets, the Reports tab at your Events/Actions, and the LOTO Log at the LOTO procedures
- You can send reports in a one-off email or set up a recurring schedule to send to yourself and/or others
- You can change your Search & Reporting column layouts so you don't have to keep changing the columns every time you run a report
Homework - Before beginning the next lesson
- Add at least one widget to your homepage dashboard
- Run a search and a report and export the results
- Save a report and send in a one-off email or set up a recurring schedule
- Change your default column layouts