If you have multiple form templates with the same questions but have different reference documents, you can combine form logic with smart forms to merge your documents into a single form without creating multiple similar form templates.
By combining form logic with your reference documents, you can hide and display documents depending on how previous questions are answered.
How to combine Visuals in Forms with Smart Form Logic
Before you start, ensure you have admin/manager permissions allowing you to edit form templates for your site.
1. Start a new non-scored form template. This can be an incident, meeting, or inspection template.
2. Create a single-select question with answers that point to different sections of the form. These options will act as the trigger to hide and display specific reference documents.
3. Add sections following the first question and attach reference documents to these new sections.
4. Head back to the question you've created in Step 2.
5. Add logic to this question with the following formula:
if answer is [answer selection]
then 'Hide Sections'
[add section names]
1. Replace the first answer selection with one of the single option selections of the question you created in step 2.
2. Choose the option called 'Hide Sections'.
3. In the last box, add the sections that include the reference documents you want to hide.