Scoring is the ability to score an inspection providing either a numerical or any other scoring process needed for a particular asset. Scores can be averaged or summed and depending on the criteria previously created, it can then total up the values and display a pass or a fail.
How to create a Score Event
To create a scoring field to be added to a new or existing event go to Setup > Assets & Events > Event Types > Score Groups then click on Create your first score group button.
- Score Group name - This is where we enter the name of the score you wish to create
- Second column – Once a name is given, you are now able to create the scoring criteria and the value for each name created
- Save – Saves the recently entered name
To begin, click on the field below score groups and type in the name of the scoring event. The new name will appear above the field where we typed the name. Click anywhere on the new name, this will show a new column to the right in which we can enter the criteria. The first field is where we enter the name of the criteria, selecting “has a value of” from the drop down list, provides the number value we want to associate to the name.
The second value on the drop down list “indicates N/A” once selected provides no entry for a value, it is simply a place holder to indicate not applicable or not available.
Once we have completed the score criteria, we can now setup the pass / fail criteria based on either the sum or the average of the score. To do this, click on Setup > Assets & Events > Event Types. You can select an existing event or simply create a new one. Once you have selected either one, you may click on the tab named Scoring.
- Total the score using the sum or average – Selecting either will provide a number that can be further defined in the fail and pass fields below.
- Use total score to calculate result – Placing a check mark here will set the pass/fail in the results field for the overall inspection.
- Display section totals - Placing a check mark here will display the totals per section on screen. If your report has this feature enabled, the section scores will also appear on your pdf report.
- Display score percentage - Placing a check mark here will automatically calculate a percentage by total and sectional scoring.
- Set result to Fail / Pass – In this section you are presented with three options:
Between – You may enter a range of numbers
<=(less than, equal to) – Provides a Pass/Fail if the number equals to or is less than the number defined in the field.
=>(greater than, equal to) – Provides a Pass/Fail if the number equals to or is greater than the number defined in the field.
Once we have provided the definitions of what is a pass / fail, we can now add the scoring group into the even form. To do so, select an existing event or create a new one. In the event form, you may either edit a previous checklist or start a new section. Once you begin to enter the inspections checklist, you may select Score from the drop down menu.
Once you click on add, you are then able to select the name of the score group you created previously. If you have more than one, you can select it from the drop down list.